WHAT IS THE FREEDOM PROGRAMME?
AN INTRODUCTORY SESSION
CWC is now offering this half day training at £50pp minimum of 30 delegates.
All trainees receive a copy of Living With The Dominator & Homestudy Workbook both RRP £10.99 Book now
This training and tool is essential when working with individuals and families. Can you afford to blindly wait for the next Homicide Review?
The Freedom Programme domestic abuse programme, regardless of your role or perspective gives you the answers, to understand the intricacies and complexities of an abusive dynamic.
The Freedom Programme was created by Pat Craven and evolved from her work with perpetrators of domestic violence. The Programme is a human behavior, educational model and was primarily designed for women as victims of domestic abuse, because research shows us that the prevalence of domestic abuse are male on female. This is not to exclude men as victims.
The Freedom Programme examines the roles played by attitudes and beliefs on the actions of perpetrators, victims and survivors. The aim is to help them to make sense of and understand what has happened to them, instead of the whole experience just feeling like a horrible mess, specifically from the victims perspective.
Read more information about the Freedom Programme.
- Delegates will be enabled to identify what underpins the manifested behaviour of those living with or are affected by domestic abuse
- Delegates will gain the confidence to use these publications one to one with their service users. They will also be to make informed referrals to local programmes.
- Delegates will be enabled to understand the far reaching impacts domestic abuse has on its victims or survivors capacity to make safe and healthy choices in relationships
- Delegates will be enabled to have a better understanding of tactics used by perpetrators
- Delegates will be enabled to have a better understanding of the impact of societies myths and stereotypes
- Delegates will be enabled to identify and then explore manifested behaviours even where there is no known knowledge of domestic abuse, within a family unit.
Heres what some have said about their experience of attending this half day training;
“Heard about programme, so glad to finally get an overview and learn about the material. Very relevant for working with young females I am currently working with”
“Very informative. Very relevant for my service users. Excellent delivery”
“Loved it! Very informative and the trainer was engaging from the onset”