Clare Walker is a Domestic Abuse Consultant with more than 25 years of experience. Clare has a unique and in-depth understanding of domestic abuse, having been a victim herself many years ago. Clare has personal experience of the effects of abuse and how they can present, as well as the confusion and complexity of power and control-based relationships.
Clare Walker Consultancy provides a range of services and expertise:
- Domestic abuse Advocacy for Victims
- Campaigning to raise awareness of domestic abuse
- Domestic abuse Consultancy Services
- Expert Speaker, panel member and Conference Host
- Expert Witness in Tribunals and Courts
- Freedom Programme Licensed Trainer (there’s only 4 in the World!)
- Freedom Programme Victims Support Group
- Peer Supervision for professionals
- Visiting Lecturer for education setting
- Domestic abuse bespoke Training Packages, Coercive Control, Domestic Abuse & Spiritual Abuse and Workforce Development training
Clare Walker Consultancy aims to raise awareness of domestic abuse, improve knowledge, skills and practices of professionals, ultimately improving the experience of services to the victims – whether they are adults or children.
Clare has developed various bespoke packages of training looking at working in specific communities or groups such as Children and Young People, LGBT, Faith and Ethnicity groups, including aspects of spiritual abuse. These sessions can be as brief or as in-depth as requested.
Local Authorities, Prison Services, SSAFA, Charities, Solicitors, Anti-Terrorism Teams, Universities, Domestic Abuse organisations, NHS, Military, Social Workers, Family Support Workers, Service Managers, Commissioners, Police Officers, Judges, Teachers, Sexual Violence Workers, IDVA’s, Head Teachers, Locality Managers, Nurses, Psychiatrists, Midwives, Health Visitors, Counsellors, Probation Officers, Early Intervention Workers, Prison Officers, GP’s, Creche/Nursery Workers, Family Support Managers, Safeguarding Managers, Refuge Workers, and of course, victims themselves, who could be in any of the roles listed. Essentially the list truly is endless. See client Testimonials.
Clare also teaches the Freedom Programme model to Social Work students as part of their degree courses at Universities. With a focus on domestic abuse dynamics, coercive control, what underpins manifested behaviours, as well as safeguarding and the long term effects on the children.
As part of Clare Walker Consultancy’s Campaigning work, Clare is involved in various projects and organisations including Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom and more recently as a founding member of FUn (Feminists Unlimited).
Clare is passionate and determined to bring about change and decided to launch the NOMORE Blog and the #NOMORE campaign here in the UK, to raise awareness of domestic abuse and improve services to victims of domestic abuse. This the ethos of which goes through the core of all of her activities:
NO MORE victim blaming
NO MORE colluding with perpetrators
NO MORE turning a blind eye
As an expert in the field of domestic abuse you can book Clare for a plethora of roles including: Expert speaker, Panel member, Guest speaker or Conference host. Just a few examples of events Clare has previously delivered include:
- The Court Said Rally Parliament Square
- Stand Up To Domestic Abuse 2019 Conference
- Domestic Abuse Conference for the Equality Diversity UK Network Manchester
- Glasgow Freedom Programme Conference
- Leicester Conference: Effects on the Children
- The The Black and Blue Mononlogues.
More recently Clare has been working as Expert Witness in the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal Courts, Family Court, Court of Protection and Criminal Courts to assess clients before their Court Hearings. Clare is also proud to be the Award Winner 2017 for the CPS & HMCTS.